Saturday, February 25, 2012

A decade of Changes

I found myself thinking about how grateful I am that my life didn't turn out the way I planned and that it's time for me to make a new plan. I can't exactly remember what I had planned 15 years ago, but I know where I was 10 years ago. I was 15. February wasn't a very good month for me. It's not a time in my life that I like to reflect on, but it was definitely a pivotal moment. I still haven't decided whether I am grateful for the experiences and lessons learned. Pretty sure I could have fared on just fine without, but one thing I do know; because of my experiences, I have learned true forgiveness. I have learned what is in my control and what isn't. I didn't learn this right away. I'd say I was finally able to free myself from those experiences just this past year and I hadn't started working on it until I was 22. Many believe that for all actions there is a reaction. I used to say that I was a certain way because of the actions of others. I now choose to live my own life free from the actions of others. What you do does sometimes affect my emotions, but I choose to pick myself up and remember that I can control only myself and the best revenge is a happy person when someone tries to make you feel like you are less than what you are. Just always remember. Everyone has been through hard times. That is why we are here. Most don't know how to forgive and let go and let their heart feel peace again. I don't think people intentionally hurt others, I just believe they are too selfish to realize the pain the are causing. It has taken me 10 whole, wasted years, and a lot of Dr Pepper, to let go of the betrayal and anger that I felt in my heart, but I am only 25 years old and I get to spend the rest of my life with the understanding of forgiveness, the experience of peace after a storm, and the commitment to be a happy woman no matter how others treat me.
How lucky am I?

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you & your sweet little girl. Sounds like you have learned alot in your 25 years of life. And learning that you can't control others and only yourself & how you react to things is such an important thing to learn.You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete